Get Out The Vote
The November 3 Election is quickly approaching, and the Ames Chamber of Commerce reminds you that your vote matters and asks you to make your voice heard at the polls!
Meet the Candidates:
To help you make an informed voting decision, the Ames Chamber of Commerce asked the candidates to fill out a questionnaire on issues pressing in Story County and Iowa today.
Click Here to view a summary of each race and candidate questionnaires.
- State Senator – District 24
- Cynthia Paschen
- Jesse Green
- State Representative – District 45
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell
- Eric Cooper (candidate chose not to submit answers)
- State Representative – District 46
- State Representative – District 48
- Jack Friend (candidate chose not to submit answers)
- Robert Bacon (candidate chose not to submit answers)
- State Representative – District 49
- Selden Spencer (candidate chose not to submit answers)
- Dave Deyoe
- County Board of Supervisors
- Latifah Faisal
- Steven O’Rourke
- County Board of Supervisors (to fill vacancy)
The voter pre-registration deadline is Saturday, October 24 at 5:00 pm.
Registering after the deadline?
Absentee Voting In-Person
At the Story County Administration Building
- In-Person voting begins Monday, October 5 and will be available until Monday, November 2 at 5:00pm. Unless otherwise noted, the Administration Building is open for voting from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Absentee voting in the Administration Building will also be available on Saturday, October 24, and Saturday, October 31
- All voting will take place on the main floor of the Administration Building, 900 6th St, Nevada.
- Due to construction on city streets, access to the main parking lot is currently only available from 6th Street, between I Avenue and J Avenue.
- Satellite voting is in-person absentee voting at a location other than the Administration Building. Absentee voting rules apply.
- Satellite voting schedule.
- As of June 30, 2020, pre-registered voters must present identification prior to voting absentee in-person.
- Identifications requirements are the same as those for pre-registered voters voting on Election Day.
- It is highly recommended that unregistered voters bring both proof of identification and proof of residency with them, regardless of date.
Absentee Voting By Mail
The first day that ballots will be mailed is Monday, October 5. The last day to request a mailed ballot is Saturday, October 24. The ballot request must be received in the Auditor’s Office by 5:00 pm that day. On the request form, mark "General" under type of election, or fill in the election date (11/03/2020) in the proper area.
Additional Election Information can be found on the Story County, Iowa website